Advanced | Tableau Online
NOTE: You will need a Tableau Online account to complete these exercises
Exercise 1: Publish a workbook
- Publish a workbook to Tableau Online. Be sure to rename the workbook to differentiate your workbook from others. For example: "achi_test workbook".
- View the workbook from Tableau Online to confirm that it has been successfully published.
Exercise 2: Publish a data source
- Publish a data source to Tableau Online. Be sure to rename the data source to differentiate your workbook from others. For example: "achi_test data".
- View the data source from Tableau Online to confirm that it has been successfully published.
Exercise 3: Refresh an extract using the command-line utility
- Using the command-line utility, refresh your published data source
- *Bonus: Use a Config File
- Tableau Online: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/tableau-online
- End User Training: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/end-user-traini...
- Tableau Online Updating Data to the Cloud: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/tableau-online-...
- Tableau Online Security and Administration: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/tableau-online-...
- Data Server: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/data-server-8
- Tabcmd: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/tabcmd
- User Calculations: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/user-calculations
- Tableau Online Technical Specifications
- Tableau Online Product Guide
- Tableau Online Version Compatibility
- Tableau Data Extract Command-Line Utility
- Tableau Server vs. Tableau Online
- Unable to Publish to Public Premium or Online