Server | Switch from Local Authentication to Active Directory (AD)
To understand and experience changing Tableau Server’s authentication from Local User authentication to Active Directory (AD) Authentication.
- Backup and switch Tableau Server's authentication from Local User to Active Directory (AD). Follow the instructions found in the "Modifying Tableau Server Authentication Method" article.
- Create a backup of Tableau Server and move it to a safe location.
- Uninstall Tableau Server as described in the "Modifying Tableau Server Authentication Method" article.
- Install Tableau Server and use the Active Directory authentication type.
- Restore the backup taken previously (Be sure to use the --no-config option, as we do not want to restore previous configuration settings).
- Import Active Directory group UG_UST.
- tabadmin: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/tabadmin
- tabcmd: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/tabcmd
- Tableau Server Administrative Guide - Authentication Methods: http://onlinehelp.tableausoftware.com/current/server/en-us/help.htm#secu...
- Modifying Tableau Server Authentication Method: http://kb.tableausoftware.com/articles/knowledgebase/modifying-authentic...
- Database Maintenance: http://onlinehelp.tableausoftware.com/current/server/en-us/help.htm#db.htm
- Upgrading Tableau Server: http://kb.tableausoftware.com/articles/knowledgebase/upgrading-tableau-s...