The 9.3 Beta Program has begun and will continue through February.
Once you fill out the beta program form (or click Submit if you are signed with your tableau.com login), you will be added to the 9.3 beta program and sent an email with the beta download details.
To learn what features will be in this release, please review the document What's Coming in Tableau 9.3
Many new features and enhancements are coming your way in Tableau 9.3—from faster ways to prepare data for analysis to better content discovery, more governance features, and easier administration on Tableau Server.
- Unions: For Excel and text-based data sources, you can now combine tables of data by appending values (rows) from one table to another.
- Updates to level of detail expressions and forecasting make it easier for you to answer more questions and explore new scenarios.
- New maps data, including postal codes for 42 European countries, helps you conduct your geographical analysis with less effort and the most current information.
- Tableau Desktop stays connected to the last server you were signed into. This feature makes it easier for you to share and collaborate when you’re working with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server or Tableau Online.
- Find the right content more quickly now that content analytics and enhanced search capabilities are available in Tableau Server and Tableau Online.
- Use revision history to restore previous versions of a published workbook.
- Ensure server availability and optimize performance with new server monitoring and configuration features.
- Experience faster viz and dashboard load times with 9.3 performance enhancements.
The Beta Program is for current customers. If you are evaluating Tableau’s products and would like to learn more about our Beta Program, please contact your sales rep or email email@example.com.