Desktop | Getting Started
Explore the Tableau Desktop interface and the Tableau Knowledge Base answer the following questions.
- Explain the difference between a Tableau Data Extract (.tde), Data Source Connection (.tds), and a Packaged Data Source (.tdsx)
- Explain the difference between a workbook, worksheet, and a view
- Explain the function of the My Tableau Repository
- What Export options are there within Tableau Desktop
- Explain the difference between a Dimension and a Measure
- Explain the difference between using a data extract of a data source and using a TDE file based data connection
- Explain the different main pages to the Tableau Desktop interface in Tableau Desktop 8.x. How are the main pages different in Tableau Desktop 9.0.
- Explain the power of ‘Show Me!’
- Describe how to determine the version of Tableau Desktop being used
- Getting Started: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/getting-started-8
- Connecting to Data Basics: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/connecting-data...
- Understanding Field Types: http://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/understanding-p...
- Dashboard Development: https://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/dashboard-deve...
- Sharing: https://www.tableausoftware.com/learn/tutorials/on-demand/sharing