Build a simple Twitter tracker using our template

By Andy Cotgreave December 4, 2013
Do you wish there was an easy way to build a Twitter tracker for your event/campaign/brand? Here's a quick and simple way you can link Scraperwiki together with Tableau Desktop or Public to do just that.

Here's the video. Below the video are some links you'll need to get going.

You'll need a free account with Scraperwiki and to download the template workbook. Click on the image below to see the dashboard.

You can also see lots of other Twitter trackers by clicking in the links in this Bitly bundle: Twitter Vizzes

Learn more about Social Media Analytics

Comments

Submitted by Andrew C. on

Amazingly useful

Think this concept of ready built workbooks where you just change source file is a real winner

Submitted by Paul Banoub (not verified) on

Great stuff cheers for this Andy. I'm gonna have a play with it.

@pbanoub
www.vizninja.com

Submitted by Xavier (not verified) on

Hi Andy, looks cool but it seems there is a new version of ScraperWiki and it is not clear which offer to go for there, could you confirm please?

Submitted by Andy C. on

HI Xavier - sorry about the delay in repying. I use the new version of Scraperwiki which exposes a very simple interface to twitter scraping - it's the one shown in the video.

Submitted by Stas S. on

I've a problem with this template when connect to my own CSV data from ScraperWiki. I've got an error "The error occurred validating the custom SQL connection". Something changes in Tableau or ScraperWiki since you publish you post?

Submitted by Chris Zimmerman (not verified) on

Error message!

I've followed these instructions but when editing the data connection I get an error from Tableau, after adding the tweets.csv file and clicking OK: "An error occured when validating the custom SQL connection." Any idea what this is and what I can do?
Thanks,
Chris

Submitted by Chris Zimmerman (not verified) on

Here is the error preventing opening the csv...

Unable to open the text file. Please check that you have specified the correct field delimiter and that you have access privileges for the file.
Microsoft JET database error 0x80004005: Text file specification field separator matches decimal separator or text delimiter.

The table "tweets#csv" does not exist.