Hadoop is hot. It's hot because it works well with big data, messy data and nested data like is often found in XML files. Senior Software Engineer and Data Rockstar Robert Morton has been working with Apache Hadoop from Cloudera here at Tableau, writing a connector from Tableau to a Hadoop cluster. Here's a first look at what he's been able to do. In this demo Robert covers:
- The easy connection from Tableau to Apache Hadoop from Cloudera
- Working with XML data in Hadooop
- Working with nested data and tuning your workload to your cluster
- Using Hadoop together with Tableau's in-memory data engine
- If you're using the Tableau 7 beta, you already have the ability to connect to a Hadoop cluster. Just look in your Data Sources window.
- If you're a customer and want to try it out, contact us to get on the beta.
- Check out Robert's session with Abhishek Mehta at the Tableau Customer Conference next week.