This Is the Droid You Are Looking For!

By Yiju Hou May 31, 2016

Hello, Android lovers. We’ve got a little surprise for you.

We are excited to announce Tableau Mobile for Android phones is available right now! Download it today.

We know you’ve been jealous seeing Tableau Mobile running on your friend’s iPhone. You can put your jealousy to bed. The wait for the Android version is finally over.

Here is what our beta testers have been saying about the app so far:

“I have been waiting years for this. I just showed my executive sponsor and he just about jumped out of his seat…I didn't expect it to be so painless.”

“I'm so excited for Android mobile version! Can’t wait for it to be officially released!”

With the new Android app, you can snack on your data with the device you have in your pocket. You can visualize your data and answer questions with just a few taps. Here are some highlights:

• Easy access to your data: The app provides a friction-free and secure login experience. Your data is always displayed front and center. Enjoy browsing your vizzes with fluid infinite scroll with your Tableau Sever content, loading paged thumbnails in real-time.
  • Location awareness: Have you ever wondered what's going on around you when you’re out and about? The Android app allows you to center the map on your current location with single tap and ask questions like: Which customers are within 3 miles of where I am?
  • Backward compatibility: The app is compatible with Tableau Server 8.2 and above as well as with Tableau Online. You need to be running at least Android 4.4 (KitKat) on your phone.

Some capabilities like offline snapshots, background refresh, and Kerberos authentication will come after this initial release.

We look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions on the Ideas Forum. May the force be with you.

Submitted by Kevin M. on

Now do Tableau Desktop on Linux! ;)

Submitted by Elías S. on

What a Great New!

Submitted by Jess Niet (not verified) on

Submitted by Bruce T. on

how do I use this app? I installed it on my phone; provided the server name url of my organization and nothing happens when I click on Connect. A message at the bottom of the app says "Cannot connect to server." Are there any other steps I need to take to make it work? What/where are the precise install instructions? I want to use this app asap. Please help!

Submitted by kguy (not verified) on

That's not how it works guy,
The mobile app only connects to a Tableau server that you have access to. It's for interacting with data you've already created in Tableau Desktop, and then uploaded to Tableau Server. You could try to see if there are public Tableau Server addresses available to connect to the mobile app but I don't know if there are. Start with Tableau Desktop on your PC.

Submitted by Bruce T. on

I do have access to the Tableau Server that I use in my organization. Yes, I'm trying to access dashboards that I've created in Tableau Desktop and have published to the server. How do I use my Android phone app to access these dashboard? What do I need to do to my phone to make this work after I've downloaded the app?

Submitted by Daniele R. on

Hi Bruce. Is your Tableau Server exposed to Internet? If not, you can access it only when you're at work, connectiong your smartphone to your organization's LAN.

Submitted by Aravind (not verified) on

Bruce, were you able to connect to the Tableau server from the app? I have the same problem connecting to the server from the mobile app(in Android and iPAD). I can successfully connect via the brower in mobile and app.

Is there any configuration setting to be done for this to work through mobile too?

If anyone on this forum has an idea how to set this up, we would be grateful.

Thank you.

Submitted by Jeremy F (not verified) on

Sweet, is Linux Server support something I can dream about?

Submitted by Showbox (not verified) on

Good droid. Do look atGet Showbox

Submitted by Anang (not verified) on

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about cara menyembuhkan osteoarthritis on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it cara mengobati penyakit penumonia important. More people need to read pengobatan gagal ginjal this and understand this side of the story. I cant cara mengobati luka ginjal believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

Submitted by Mike Taylor (not verified) on

I am able to connect to Tableau Mobile on my iPhone 6 but users with Android are unable to connect. When they type in the URL they are met by a white box with an indicator that just spins and finally bombs out. Has anyone else run into this?

Add new comment