Treinamento em sala de aula
Workshop: Desktop Performance
Tableau Performance Optimization Strategy and Tactics
Workshops are exclusive to Tableau Training Passholders. Get your Tableau Training Pass today.
Audience: This course is designed for the intermediate Tableau user.
Tableau designers want their workbooks to perform optimally. This four-hour workshop focuses on key factors that impact performance optimization by actively engaging attendees in the how and why of the design process.
Participants strengthen their strategic and consultative design skills by completing problem-based labs. A pre-work activity provides guidance to where and what the designer focuses on in each lab. Reflective prompts support the labs and the attendee’s acumen for consulting, whether end users, team members or their DBA.
Key optimization factors addressed in this workshop include design strategy, filters, data strategy, and calculations.
Duration: Four hours of live virtual training, with a blend of lecture and hands-on lab exercises.
Prerequisites: Completion of both Desktop I: Fundamentals and Desktop II: Intermediate courses, or equivalent experience with the Tableau Desktop product.
Course Includes: This course includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities and reinforce the skills and knowledge attained.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand how to apply filters, develop a data strategy, and incorporate appropriate calculations
- Configure data sources and extract filters to make dashboards run faster by using less data
- Examine a data model to determine what factors are influencing performance
- Address granularity issues and reduce the need for level of detail (LOD) and table calculations
- Work with your data governance and database administrator team members on performance issues
Questions? Check out the Virtual Course FAQ.