Training op locatie
Rockstar: Aller on Analytics
The Calculations Survival Guide
Data Rockstar - Esther Aller
Data Rockstar sessions are exclusive to Tableau Training Passholders. Get your Tableau Training Pass today.
Presenter: Esther Aller is currently a Tableau Analyst working with our development team to help them visualize road-mapping and agile process data. She comes to us with a broad understanding of calculations gained from five years of supporting customers with tricky problems as a Senior Technical Support Engineer. You may also see her name on the Tableau Forums answering questions.
Audience: This course is designed for the intermediate Tableau user.
About the Course: The course provides you with a step-by-step guide to confidently dive into, understand, and troubleshoot any calculation within a Tableau workbook.
In this course, we’ll cover:
- Safety Rules for Diagnosing Calculation Problems
- Troubleshooting View
- Concepts to keep in mind
- Detailed walkthrough of several calculation scenarios
Duration: One hour of live virtual training, consisting of lecture, demonstrations, and a question & answer session.
Prerequisites: Completion of both Desktop I: Fundamentals and Desktop II: Intermediate courses, or equivalent experience with the Tableau Desktop product.
Course Includes: This course includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources used during demonstrations, and an additional example problem workbook with solutions to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Break down the steps to troubleshoot a calculation to uncover why the issue is occurring
- Understand concepts of scope, aggregation, and order of operations, and how they might affect your calculation
- Gain valuable tips for troubleshooting specific functions, including table calculations, level of detail (LOD), aggregations, and IF THENs
Questions? Check out the Virtual Course FAQ.