Data in the classroom: How Asia Pacific educators can fill the data skills gap
The demand for graduates with data analytics skills in the workplace has exploded. Universities are starting to offer new analytics programs and incorporate data literacy throughout existing programs. These programs teach the next generation how to turn data into actionable insights to help fill the skills gap in the industry.
In this 45-minute webinar, you'll hear how and why teaching teaching data literacy and modern analytics at universities is essential for Asia Pacific’s future. In this presentation, we will discuss:
- The data skills gap worldwide and in Asia Pacific
- How and why the data skills gap matters to educators and students
- A review of what has worked well in teaching modern analytics and data visualisations to students
- An overview of Tableau's Academic Programs
- A preview of Tableau's new Introduction to Data Journalism curriculum