Audience: A three day course that covers topics from both the Desktop I: Fundamentals and Desktop II: Intermediate courses. Choose to emphasize the topics that are of greatest importance to your organization and cut out topics that are not relevant. This course will teach fundamental techniques in Tableau while moving you towards more complex issues and concepts taught by our Tableau training experts.
Duration: Three days of live classroom instruction.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks
Course Includes: This course includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
What to Bring: We recommend bringing a notepad, pen or pencil, a USB drive to save any work, and your curiosity.