Rockstar: Reilly on Analytics
Data Rockstar - Maureen Reilly
Data Rockstar sessions are exclusive to Tableau Training Passholders. Get your Tableau Training Pass today.
Presenter: Maureen Reilly is a Professional Services Portfolio Manager at Tableau with nearly a decade of experience guiding business users in developing a culture of analytics. Since joining Tableau in 2017, she has supported customers in media, healthcare, government, management consulting, industrial services, insurance, travel, finance, and retail in creating dashboards that effectively share data-driven insights. Maureen is a Tableau Certified Trainer as well as a mentor to graduate students in the Data Analytics and Visualization program at the Maryland Institute College of Art. She enjoys coaching people who may be new to data analytics and getting them excited about exploring data and creating beautiful dashboards.
Audience: This course is designed for the intermediate Tableau user.
About the Course: The course provides a deep dive into advanced mapping techniques, building upon knowledge from Tableau Desktop Fundamentals and Intermediate courses.
In this course, we’ll cover:
- Connecting to custom shape files for analysis
- Adding a map layer
- Adding a radius around a point
- Calculating the distance between points on a map
Duration: One hour of live virtual training, consisting of lecture, demonstrations, and a question & answer session.
Prerequisites: Completion of both Desktop I: Fundamentals and Desktop II: Intermediate courses, or equivalent experience with the Tableau Desktop product.
Course Includes: This course includes a digital student resources folder containing the presentation to use as reference material after the session.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the use cases for different background maps
- Use a geospatial join to highlight when users want to view the overlap between spatial data sources
- Use a dynamic Buffer function to highlight points within a radius of another point
- Use the radius measure capability and trigonometric functions to compute the distance between points
Questions? Check out the Virtual Course FAQ.