High 5: The Best Vizzes of July and August
Our recent launch of Tableau 6.1, Evil Viz Contest and Sports Data Contest have brought out dozens of amazing new vizzes. Let's take a look at a couple of the highlights below:
- Evil Maps - Steve Wexler entered the Evil Viz (aka dark maps) contest with this awesome Dr. Evil map (drag the filter to the right...).
- Dow Drops - The Dow took a plunge on Monday but we managed to call a rebound on Tuesday, with a little help from some historical data.
- MLB Payroll Analysis - David Newman proves you can never win a contest by too much with this clean and impressive story on payrolls (and their effectiveness) by MLB team. Congrats on taking home the Sports Viz Contest and winning a trip to the 2011 Tableau Customer Conference.
- The Greatest Team in History - Adam McCann attempts the impossible: to determine the greatest team in NFL history. You may not agree with him, but you cannot argue with his viz!
- Whose Public Debt? - It is easy to blame weighty public debt levels on the current administration, and often they deserve a great deal of the credit. However, Balkinization has an interesting viz that shows the cumulative effect is often more important.