Surveys of Vendors' Customers Showcased in Gartner's Reports
Wondering how popular analysis and business intelligence platforms fare? Read two new reports from Gartner, the world's leading technology consultancy. Based on surveys of customers from over 20 different software platforms, these reports take an in-depth look at functionality and customer satisfaction.
- "BI Platfrms User Survey, 2010: Customers Rate Their BI Platform Vendors" by Rita L. Sallam, February 5, 2010
- "BI Platforms User Survey, 2010: Customers Rate their BI Platform Functionality" by Rita L. Sallam, February 5, 2010
Tableau Evaluated Based on Customer Survey Feedback
The survey asked about reporting, ad hoc analysis, dashboards, scorecards and predictive analytics. The bars show the percentage of customers using the software for each function and the total of all those percentages for each vendor (which therefore exceeds 100%).
The longer the bar, the more analytical use customers reported for the vendor. Tableau Software is the last bar on the graph.Number of Customers Using Vendors for BI Activities
More About Tableau’s Products
Tableau’s business analysis products let business users explore and analyze their data independently without waiting for IT. Tableau gives analysts exactly the power and access they been crying for. Unlike virtually every other vendor in the graph above, users can buy and install their own copies of Tableau. IT is not required for installation or set up. People using Tableau get:
- Rapid analysis & discovery: explore, not just graph data, to identify trends and outliers.
- Self service: get data when and how you want it -- IT doesn't have to create new reports.
- Infrastructure fit: software that reads virtually every file type and fits right into your existing database, security and IT architecture. IT won't resist something that makes you more effective while reducing their burden.
- Ease of deployment and maintenance: install in minutes, without the need for professional services or a long implementation phase. Little ongoing maintenance is needed.
Tableau is a software company that’s finally doing business analytics right: giving business people the tools to get answers right now, right when it's needed. Based on breakthrough technology from Stanford University, Tableau is the next generation of business intelligence software. It’s fast, easy and beautiful.
Download our free trial and find out what Gartner’s clients already know.
* Gartner Disclaimer
The Magic Quadrant and related reports are copyrighted January 29, 2010 and February 5, 2010 by Gartner, Inc. and are reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.