Formation en salle
Desktop III: Advanced
This course is included in the Tableau Training Pass.
Audience: Do you want to be an advanced Tableau user creating impactful visualizations? In this course, you’ll learn how to get the most out of Tableau Desktop by diving into calculations and applying them to real world scenarios. This will help you understand when a table calculation, calculation or LOD should be used and when they overlap.
You’ll get a better understanding of how to artfully prepare and organize your visualizations. This will be done through specific scenarios around analyzing time, geographic, and survey data. By the end of this course you’ll have a better grasp of advanced building techniques and calculations for creating innovative analysis and dashboards.
Prerequisites: This is an advanced-level class. Students must have a solid understanding of calculations in Tableau before attending this class. It is highly recommend that students have mastered Desktop I and Desktop II or the equivalent concepts and skills before attending Desktop III.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Apply advanced calculations to gain additional insight into your data
- Incorporate advanced chart types into your analysis
- Apply advanced dashboarding techniques
- How to use calculations, parameters, and table calculations in tandem
- Use Tableau techniques to address common business use cases
- Format your visualizations and dashboards for maximum impact
- Real world business scenario examples
Course Includes: This course includes a virtual course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.