Gartner’s 2016 Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics tells us that the BI market has finally reached a tipping point in a multi-year market transformation. The modern analytics era has arrived and offers a new paradigm where self-service analytics and governance no longer fight for control, but join forces to enable data driven decisions across the enterprise. Join us to experience firsthand how Tableau helps organizations modernize analytics.
This workshop is geared for analysts and managers working with Tableau Desktop, as well as associates who are frequent Excel users who provide tracking and reporting within their teams, and those who work with data in a reporting capacity, familiar with Tableau Desktop.
Introduction (30 minutes)
• What does Gartner say about the market transformation?
• Where are most organizations today and what challenges arise?
• How does Tableau fit into the enterprise and what does the modern approach look like?
Hands On (90 minutes)
Get your hands dirty with Tableau and learn about:
• Governance and Management
• The Tableau Data Server – your single version of the truth
• The Tableau Data Engine – revving it up by sharing and automating
• Security and Governance – only see what you should, only change what you can
• Automation – We work hard, so you don’t have to
• Collaboration and Sharing
• Publishing and interacting
• Subscriptions and alerts
• Going Mobile
This is a hands-on event, so please bring your laptop and a mobile device.