Best of the Tableau Web... July 2014
With the release of Tableau 8.2 products in June, it's not surprising to see lots of blogs in the month of July to take advantage of one of our latest new feature, Story Points. Enjoy this month's collection with topics covering heart pounding World Cup results, epic visuals, and of course your monthly tips and tricks to help you solve those nagging technical challenges.
(thanks to David Murphy, New section - What's the Story?, for this month's picture)
Tips and tricks
- VizPainter Creating Tic Tac Tableau Part 1: Generating the Data
- VizPainter Creating Tic Tac Tableau Part 2:5 Millions Records - Really?
- InterWorks, Inc. Understanding R Integration in Tableau
- Data Science Group Using Improved Data Connectivity in Tableau 8.2 to Build Sankey Diagrams
- VizCandy Optimize Your Extract
- Alan@Tableau Points and Polygons
- 3danim8's Blog Notes on Working With CSV files Above 4 Gb in #Tableau, Part 2
- AndrewPBall Icons – Overcoming an issue with Dual Tableau installs
- 3danim8's Blog Date Aggregations and Linear Modeling With R In #Tableau
- InterWorks, Inc. Custom SQL in Tableau 8.2
- The Information Lab Tableau Server housekeeping made easy
Tableau use cases
- InterWorks, Inc. Evolution 2014 Viewer Numbers Visualized in Tableau
- agameof2halves where data meets football
- improVIZation World Cup 2014 Brazil GOOOALS!!!
- VizPainter The Story of the Second Punic War
- InterWorks, Inc. 2014 OSU College Football Preview Visualized in Tableau
- Stat Hunting A Guided, Interactive Tour of FIFA World Cup History
Let us know if you enjoy this month's selection, particularly blogs making use of the Story Points from the latest Tableau 8.2. Do you blog about Tableau but never get into the Best Of... posts? Let us know about your blog via Twitter (@tableau) and we'll start to track it.