Desktop I & II: Accelerated
Audience: A fast-paced three day course covering fundamental and intermediate Tableau topics. This course provides comprehensive Tableau training for students who thrive in a swiftly moving class and prefer to come up to speed on new technology quickly. Desktop I & II: Accelerated teaches concepts, techniques, and shortcuts to create Tableau data visualization competency in the shortest amount of time possible.
Prerequisites: While there are no pre-requisites for this course, the rapid pace of this class favors those students who learn new concepts quickly, or have previous experience with data analysis and business intelligence
Learning Objectives: At the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks