Tableau #DataDev Hackathon Series
Calling all Tableau Developers! Are you ready to hack?
THANK YOU #DataDevs for an awesome year of hackathons in 2019!
We had so much fun last year meeting and hacking with all our DataDevs! We're back at it again this year to bring you a better, stronger, faster hack experience! Join us as we head to Chicago, New York, Palo Alto, Tokyo, and London! Stayed tuned to hear updates on exact dates and registration for each location.
The Tableau Developer Program crew is excited to continue our expansion to our annual hackathon (usually held at TC)!
Register now for one-on-one time with our technical staff - they'll vet your ideas, walk you through our developer tools and documentation and give help along the way. Take that idea to the next level with dedicated time to work and innovate on the Tableau platform.
Of course, networking and innovation takes energy, so we also have plenty of food, snacks and other fuel to help you get to the finish line.
But wait! There's more!
The winning team will receive a prize package worth over $5k and includes, (but is not limited to):
• Up to 4 conference tickets (depends on the total number of team members, with a maximum of 4) to our awesome annual conference, TC20
• Free Tableau eLearning to sharpen your skills
• Special surprise at TC20
Are we coming to YOUR city/region?
Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Make your own customized filter control.
- Use the REST API to let project leaders manage groups.
- Create an extension that exports data in its crosstab format.
- Send a text message when a extract refreshes.
- Create an extension that updates a date filter to a specific range.
- Create custom chart types with an extension.
- Create your own summary card with custom stats.
- Create a web data connector.
- Write a blog post with custom links that interact with a dashboard.
- Automatically set up a new user with subscriptions and favorites.
- Create a dynamic hierarchy of parameters.
- Create a universal "Apply" button for filters.
- Automatically send a welcome email to new users on Server.
- Create a unique filtering experience with images
- Use R or Python to find driving distance between points
Here's what you should know:
If you're interested in building cool stuff on the Tableau platform, join us! Come solo or as a team. Just bring your own laptops and innovative minds. Our crew of mentors and evangelists can help vet out your ideas, give you some tips and tricks and help you meet others who share your passion of building for the data community.
Keep in mind:
1. Fresh Code – We all start coding at the same time. All's fair in love and hacking!
2. You build it, you own it – Your code, your hack, your project.
3. Team Size – No more than four people.
4. Demos – You’ll have 2 minutes to demo your hack.
Life after the hack
To stay in the know on other upcoming events, join the Developer Program to get our monthly newsletter with the latest updates, resources, videos, developer stories and more!