Join us for a Hands On Workshop for the State of California on March 23rd.
Tableau is on a mission to change the world of data analytics.
Tableau is all about making data analytics fast, easy, beautiful, and most importantly, useful. Helping people gain insight into their data to solve unexpected problems and challenges is what Tableau is all about. As the State of California continues to evolve its Analytics platforms to deliver more value from our data we are expanding our use of Tableau and partnering with Tableau to deliver this free educational event.
9:00 AM - 9:30 AM Registration
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM Hands On Workshop
Please Note: We have reached capacity for this workshop. Any other registrations will be considered on the wait list and will be confirmed upon any cancellations.
Tableau product line overview
Demo of typical public sector customer uses cases
- 2-4 examples of Tableau visualizations built by other Tableau customers
Hands on Tableau Desktop workshop
- Connecting to your data, live connection vs Tableau Data Extract
- Creating Tableau Data Source, hierarchies, formatting, aggregation
- Tableau Desktop user interface & terminology
- Working with dates, filters, sorting, calculations
- Creating Worksheets using line charts, bar charts, cross tabs, heat maps, tree maps, word clouds, scatter plots
- Using the Analytics tab for statistical calculations such as trends, forecasts, clusters, averages
- Using maps: filled maps and plotting points (lat & long)
- Combine Worksheets to create interactive Dashboards
- Publish your Dashboard to Tableau Server and view it in a web browser
Where to learn more?
- Tableau free training videos
- Tableau Starter Kits
- Tableau onsite training, Desktop (I, II & III) & Server Administration
Laptops with Tableau Desktop will be provided onsite