Analytics anyone can use.
Analytics for organizations.
Cloud analytics for organizations
Registration is now closed.
The BI market has finally reached a tipping point in a multi-year market transformation (Gartner 2016) and the modern approach to analytics has arrived. Offering a new paradigm where self-service analytics and governance no longer fight for control, but join forces to enable data-driven decisions across the enterprise. Join us to experience how Tableau helps organizations modernize analytics.
This workshop is geared for any IT or Business professionals interested in, trialing, or using Tableau’s Desktop product but with no experience with Tableau’s Enterprise Platform – Tableau Server. The hands on topics covered during this session will help you and your team to understand the most significant enterprise capabilities on Tableau Server which enable self-service analytics that will scale in a secure and governed fashion.
8:30 - 9:00: Registration and Breakfast
9:00 - 9:45: Introduction
• What does Gartner say about the market transformation?
• Where are most organizations today and what challenges arise?
• How does Tableau fit into the enterprise and what does the modern approach look like?
9:45 - 11:30: Hands-on session: Get your hands dirty with Tableau and learn about:
• Governance and Management
• The Tableau Data Server – your single version of the truth
• The Tableau Data Engine – revving it up by sharing and automating
• Security and Governance – only see what you should, only change what you can
• Automation – We work hard, so you don’t have to
• Collaboration and Sharing
• Publishing and interacting
• Subscriptions and alerts
• Going Mobile
*This is a hands-on event, so please bring your laptop with a copy of Tableau Desktop (Professional) installed and a mobile device. If you do no have a copy of Tableau Desktop, you can download a free 14-day trial here: http://www.tableau.com/products/desktop/download. If you have any IT restrictions and are unable to download desktop, you will still be able to participate in the majority of the session.
*Parking: We suggest you use the self-park lot at 210 N. Wells. 1871 will validate your ticket for a discounted rate of $14. Entrances are located on Wells Street and Post Place (between Franklin Street and Wells Street). Enter 210 N. Wells Self-Park and pull a “timed” ticket to lift the gate and park your vehicle.
1871 is located on the 12th floor. You can use the Orleans Street elevator bank or the Main/Corporate elevator bank (entrance parallel to the Chicago River). If you take the main/corporate elevator, exit the elevator bank, and take a right down the long hallway to 1871.