Tableau User Group Weekly: August 8-12, 2022
Welcome back to this week's snapshot of the latest Tableau User Group events happening around the world. Catch up on the freshest content or join an upcoming meetup, all while getting inspiration from the DataFam. Not only will you learn new tips and tricks, but you’ll see them in action too. You can nominate a user group to be featured as the next User Group Meeting of the Week here.
User Group Meeting of the Week: Pittsburgh
The Pittsburgh Tableau User Group meetup included two presentations on how to level up your Tableau skills. Ray Givler from Highmark Inc. took us on his journey participating in Iron Viz, including the context behind his submission, a guided tour of the dashboard, tactical lessons learned, and strategic insights gained. One key takeaway from his talk was that if at first you don’t succeed, at least you learned something. Then, data rockstars Lindsay Betzendahl from HealthDataViz and Autumn Battani from phData walked through building better dashboards through Prototyping to increase client alignment, improve design efficiency, and decrease time between inception and product delivery. Discover the power of Prototyping and take home best practices that you can implement on your next project. Dive in and watch the recording here.
Attend an upcoming user group meeting and learn from peers across geographies and industries to help advance your analytics skills.
North Texas Tableau User Group (in person)
Wednesday, August 10, 2022 | 4:30pm - 5:45pm CDT
- Banner Best Practices: Joey Ramos, Managing Partner | RadicalShift
- Tableau in The Real World: Tim Cady, VP, Data Visualization Mngr. | JPMorgan Chase
- Tableau Tip of the Month
APAC DataFam Check In (virtual)
Wednesday, August 10, 2022 | 1:00pm - 2:00pm SGT
Join the APAC DataFam community for a casual catch up!
Austin + DFW + San Antonio Tableau User Group (hybrid)
Thursday, August 11, 2022 | 3:30pm - 5:00pm CDT
- Introduction to Alteryx & Tableau: Chris Lewis, Sr. Director, Business Intelligence | JLL
- Tableau "Show & Tell" Presentations
Tableau Community Drivers User Group (virtual)
Thursday, August 11, 2022 | 4:00pm - 5:30pm BST
- Driving Data Literacy Skills: Amy Ryder, Data Enablement Manager at Jaguar Land Rover & Stuart Mack from Lloyds Banking Group
In case you missed it
Couldn't tune in live? Don't worry—review the recordings of the most recent user group meetings below.
- Pittsburgh User Group (Iron Viz Journey + Building Better Dashboard Design through Prototyping)
- Denver User Group (Psychology of data-driven delusions)
- Seattle User Group (Analytics at Bentley)
- Latino/a/x User Group (Getting started in Data Analytics + Soccer Data) This session is in Spanish
- Data + Diversity: An Inclusive Approach to Mental Health and Mental Illness
- Florida Tableau User Group (Visual Analytic Capability)