DataFam Roundup: July 19 - 23, 2021
Dig into the latest DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Ana Milana: Book Locations from Around the World
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Nancy Organ: An Incomplete Guide to Accessible Data Visualization
- Dilyana Bossenz, VizPilgrim: Viele Möglichkeiten Daten zu visualisieren/ Many possibilities to visualize data (German)
- Adam Mico: Big Announcements: My New Blog and Resuming DataFam Interviews (we need your help)
- Ana Milana: Book Locations from Around the World
- Ken Flerlage and Don Wise, The Flerlage Twins: Regex Part II: Basic Examples & Exercises
- Alan Murray, Tableau Academic: Ultimate guide to Tableau training and learning resources in 2021
- Ben Kiviti: #Tableau Tip of the Day
- Elliott Stam, Devyx: Publish Tableau workbooks connecting to published datasources using Python and the REST AP
- Alli Torban, featuring Amanda Makulec, Data Viz Today: Episode 65: Why You Don’t Need to be a Data Viz Unicorn to Have a Fulfilling Career
- JB Reyes, The Data School Australia: Map Drill Down Tutorial Using Set Actions And Container
- Robert Kosara, eagereyes: Chart Appreciation: Iraq's Bloody Toll by Simon Scarr
- Priyanka Dobhal: Unicode characters in Tableau
- Tableau Forums Ambassador Spotlight: Donna Coles
- Tableau Forums Ambassador Spotlight: Deepak Rai
- Tableau Forums Ambassador Spotlight: Diego Parker
- Tableau Forums Ambassador Spotlight: Graham Keller
- Tableau Forums Ambassador Spotlight: Mavis Liu
Upcoming events and community participation
- On July 27, as part of our Industries Week celebrating Team USA competing in the Tokyo Games, we’re highlighting the #SportsVizSunday monthly challenge. Watch as Zen Master and Social Ambassador Simon Beaumont creates a gold medal-winning visualization, from scratch, within 20 minutes. Or to put it another way, in less time than it takes to break the current 10,000 meters World Record! Enjoy expert viz commentary, an intro to Sports Viz Sunday, the Tableau Community, and Tableau Public━and decide if Simon’s viz is worthy of the top step on the podium. Register now.
- Join an upcoming Tableau User Group event by checking out all the virtual Tableau User Group events here
- Forums Unanswered Questions Blitz: For the month of July we are hosting a Blitz where we focus on tackling any Unanswered Questions in our Community.
Ghafar Shah: Twitch | Business Dashboard
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
Join the community every Monday to work with a given data set and create better, more effective visualizations.
Web: Makeover Monday
Week 29: Most minority ethnicities have a higher COVID-19 mortality rate