R is Here!
With the R integration, there are many more sophisticated functions and calculations you can run and leverage within your Tableau visualizations. Newbies trying to get started with R should know that there is a large community out there who use and love R, and who are ready to bring more members into the fold. Don’t be shy in reaching out to that community.
In addition to the whitepaper, you can also check out the following supporting materials:
- R Tutorial: An R Introduction to Statistics.
- The R Project for Statistical Computing.
- Intro to R by Google Developers
- TableauLove blog: How to configure Tableau Server to use R
- Jen Underwood blog: Getting Started with Tableau 8.1 Beta & R
- Bora Beran’s blog, which contains some sample data for you to play with and get your feet wet with R