The Tableau community represents the very best of what we can be. When we come together, we create a vibrant place for all data lovers to learn, share, and most importantly, connect. This community is selfless and humble. It’s diverse and welcoming. Together, we build each other up, celebrate successes, and help each other overcome obstacles that may seem too daunting to tackle alone. Together we are extraordinary.
Michael Cristiani embodied all of these qualities and more. Michael, among a handful of others, joined us at the very beginning of our mission to help others see and understand data. It’s because of people like Michael that the Tableau community is what it is today. We’re both honored and humbled to have worked alongside him for so many years—so it’s only fitting that we establish a permanent tribute to his memory.
In Michael’s honor, we’ve created the Community Founders Award. This annual award will celebrate individuals like Michael who embody the spirit of the Tableau community. The recipient will be awarded an all-inclusive trip to the heart of the Tableau Community experience—Tableau Conference.
We’ll be accepting nominations for this year’s award through Friday, July 27, 2018. The recipient will be announced in early August.
Thank you Tableau Community, for inspiring us every day with your passion and enthusiasm! Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.
One recipient will be awarded one (1) ticket to attend Tableau’s annual conference, along with $2500 in cash to be spent at the recipient’s discretion for travel & expenses.
Expenses related to attendance at the conference may include: travel, lodging, food & beverage, etc.
Designated employees of Tableau will evaluate applications based on the specified criteria. All decisions by Tableau are final.
To be considered for the award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Actively support the Tableau Community mission: To connect people so they can help each other see and understand their data.
- This award is being given in honor of the founding members of the Tableau community who established a unique environment of inclusivity and selflessness. Please be prepared to provide detailed examples where your nominee has actively helped others in the Tableau Community not for personal gain or recognition.
- Adhere to guiding principles in the Tableau Community Code of Conduct
- Plan to attend Tableau Conference in the calendar year selected
- Award application is inaccurate, untrue or incomplete
- Preference may be given to those applicants who:
- Have never attended a Tableau Conference
- Are unable to obtain financial assistance from their employer, and who are also experiencing financial hardship
If you’re unable to attend conference you may forfeit the award. It will be re-awarded at Tableau’s discretion. The award may not be sold, shared, or deferred.
Application procedures and deadline
Application deadline: Friday, July 27, 2018 at 12:00 pm PST