Watch all the #TC18 sessions and livestreams you missed
Last week was our biggest Tableau Conference yet! More than 17,000 attendees joined us in New Orleans for over 600 sessions. Even if you filled your schedule to the brim, there’s no way you could have seen it all. We captured Tableau keynotes, breakout sessions, and live content so you can revisit any sessions you may have missed—or watch them for the first time if you couldn’t join us live! Plus, we’ve rounded up all the product announcements so you know what’s available when. Transport yourself back to the Big Easy and keep the learning going!
Keynotes and breakout sessions
All Tableau keynotes (excluding our guest keynote from Adam Grant) were recorded so you can catch every exciting moment—from product announcements to the ultimate data showdown, the Iron Viz competition.
Watch recorded keynotes and sessions (plus additional highlights) here. You’ll find:
- Opening keynote — Learn about new Tableau innovations that will help more people see and understand their data—including Ask Data and Tableau Prep Conductor—and other exciting announcements from Tableau Conference.
- Devs on Stage — See new features in action, demoed by the passionate developers that built them. Vector maps, webhooks, a new mobile app, the crowd-pleasing Export to PowerPoint, and so much more!
- Iron Viz competition — Catch the ultimate data viz showdown, Iron Viz! Four tough judges, three speedy contestants, and two dazzling hosts made for one intense competition.
- Breakout sessions — Browse through the sessions or find specific sessions using filters and search in the catalog. You can access recordings by session here. Please note that hands-on training sessions were not recorded, but we are working to get all presentation materials including decks and workbooks available for download so you can follow along.
TC18 Live broadcasts
In addition to the great content presented on stage during Conference, we also captured all of the special interviews and panels we streamed live for our remote audience. Now you can watch these discussions and catch up on what you missed!
- Where is BI headed in 2019? — Join Tableau CTO Andrew Beers and product experts to discuss some of the hottest data trends from AI to data collaboratives. Watch the recording here. And if you haven’t read it yet, be sure to check out the complete 2019 Business Intelligence Trends report.
- Get to know the Tableau Founders Award recipient — Meet Christina Gorgi, the first recipient of the Tableau Founders Award, established to remember Michael Cristiani and honor amazing Tableau Community members. Watch the recording here.
- Get the inside scoop from Devs on Stage — Get up close and personal with three of our developers who presented at Devs on Stage. Hear about all the work that went into their live demos—and some unscripted surprises, too! Recording coming soon.
- What does big data mean today? — Find out what successful organizations are doing to keep up with the volume of data and variety of use cases for big data analytics. It’s big data in the Big Easy! Watch the recording here.
- The intersection of data between sales and marketing — Welcome Kelsey Robb of Windstream and Lynn Girotto of Tableau, discussing transparency and alignment between sales and marketing when sharing data. Watch the recording here.
- Get to know the next generation of data workers — Hear how two former students took advantage of Tableau Academic Programs and how their data skills have helped them grow professionally since graduation. Watch the recording here.
- Tableau Foundation: Do Good Data — Join the team of Tableau Foundation to hear about its origin, evolution, and what’s coming next through service engagements, grants, and more. Watch the recording here. If you missed the big news, read more about Tableau Foundation’s $100 million commitment in our press release.
- Humanizing data storytelling with Giorgia Lupi — Meet author and collaborative data artist Giorgia Lupi and dive into her work and personal passion for reconnecting data to the human stories behind it. Watch the recording here.
So many product announcements! What's available when?
We demoed tons of great features on stage and in sessions. To help you keep track of what’s available when, here’s a quick recap. Follow the links to learn more, upgrade, or try new features in beta today!
- Available now in Tableau 2018.3 — Our latest release brings you multiple table storage for extracts, heatmaps with the density mark, set actions, dashboard navigation buttons, transparent worksheets, and more. Upgrade to the latest version of Tableau today.
- Available now to our developer community — Join the Tableau Developer Program and give webhooks a try in the developer preview today.
- Try it in the Tableau 2019.1 beta — Announced during Conference, the Tableau 2019.1 beta includes Ask Data, Tableau Prep Conductor, a redesigned Tableau Mobile app, automatic phone layouts, export to PowerPoint, Google Adwords connector, and more. Join the pre-release program to try these new features.
- Coming soon to Tableau Prep — Support for R and Python, data roles, recommendations, and highlighting the flow.
- Coming in 2019 — New data modeling capabilities, vector maps and new map styles, parameter actions, toggle zone visibility, encryption at rest for extracts, show and hide for the Extensions API, Tableau Online Dashboard Starter for LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Tableau Public attribution.
See you next year, #DataFam!
Thanks again to our amazing community for making this a conference to remember. We can’t do this without you!
Tableau Conference 2019 will be held November 12–15 in Las Vegas. Early registration is open with a limited amount of tickets at our lowest price—grab yours today!