Embedding analytics in Salesforce: Usable data at users' fingertips
Salesforce Canvas and Tableau Documentation
Learn how to embed analytics in Salesforce using Tableau and Canvas.
The video shows the process a salesperson might go through: opening Salesforce, looking at an account summary, clicking into an account and updating opportunity info based on a recent conversation.
The difference is that by using Salesforce Canvas and Tableau, you can embed a dashboard to give the salesperson an overview of their accounts and opportunities.
Then you can provide insights as the salesperson looks at individual accounts and opportunities, presenting information visually instead of forcing that person to read through text.
How does embedding analytics in Salesforce work with Tableau?
- Connect to Salesforce.com from Tableau Desktop.
- Create dashboards in Tableau Desktop
- Publish dashboards and data to Tableau Online or Tableau Server.
- Set a refresh schedule for the Salesforce connection in Tableau Online or Tableau Server. You must define a refresh schedule (ex: daily, 4x per day, etc.)
- Use Salesforce Canvas to embed those dashboards.
UPDATE: Documentation for this solution is now available.
Now you've got Salesforce data updating in embedded analytics, right inside Salesforce itself.
Information science tells us that data presented visually augments our natural style of thinking. Why not put visual analytics right inside Salesforce to give your salespeople that advantage?