Join us for a Tableau Day at Staples on June 19th from 10:00AM to 1:00PM.
Whether you are new to Tableau or have had trouble getting started, this session is for you. Our hands-on training will be in Tableau's new 9.0 verson, which Staples is upgrading to by July.
9:45 - 10:00 Arrival
10:00 - 10:15 Introduction
10:15 - 11:30 Tableau Desktop Fundamentals
- How to Connect to Data – Basics of connecting and creating extracts
- Visual Analytics – Show me, Marks card, Sorting, Grouping, Filtering, and Sets
- Calculations – Calculated fields and parameters
- Formatting – Basic Dashboard functionality/layout
- Other Topics – Pill Types, granularity/level of detail, aggregation
11:30 - 1:00 Lunch and Networking with Tableau Account Team (Room L1010C)
This event is free to attend. Please indicate whether you will be joining in-person or by webex when registering. Webex details will be sent out prior to the event.
*For these hands-on sessions, bring your laptop and have Tableau Desktop pre-installed. If you do not already have Tableau Desktop, you can download it here.