Upgrade to Tableau Server 10.0
Planning an upgrade to Tableau Server 10.0? Start here!
The overhauled user experience lets you access data faster and manage content easier with Tableau Server 10.0. Start here to learn about the new features.
- Tableau Server Overview
- Tableau Server Manual:
- Updated Hardware Requirements: 32-bit Tableau Server is no longer supported and there is a 2-core minimum for test environments. See Tableau Server Tech Specs
- Tableau Blog: New Enterprise Features in Tableau 10.0
- What's New in Tableau Desktop 10.0
- Tableau 10.0 Community Resources
- Tableau 10.0 Feature Blogs Round-Up
- See what we fixed: 10.0 Release Notes
- Make sure everything works as expected: Known Issues
- Some things have been added or moved in the new interface. See changes below:
|Feature||What happened?||Where is it?||How do I access it?|
|Auto-Detect Older Version||New||Installation Window||Installer automatically detects previous version of Tableau Server|
|Create Dashboards||New||Web Edit||Data Sources > New Workbook > New Dashboard|
|Edit Dashboards||New||Web Edit||Workbook > Edit|
|More Options in Web Edit Toolbar||New||Toolbar||Workbook > Edit|
|Per-Site SAML||New||Tableau Server Configuration Tool||Configure Tableau Server > SAML > Server-wide or Per-site options|
|Refresh Failure Notifications||New||Site Settings||Site > Settings > Send email to data source and workbook owners when scheduled refreshes fail|
|Subscribe Others to View||New||Toolbar||Subscribe|
|Tableau Desktop Licensing Reporting Tool for Tableau Server Administrators||New||Server Admin Views||Site > Status > Tableau Desktop License Usage|
|Workbook Thumbnails Based on User Filters||New||Tableau Server Interface & Tableau Desktop Publishing Dialog||Server > Publish Workbook…|
Tableau Server 10.0 is easy to install, operate, and upgrade. Because it's important to be prepared when upgrading a server, our brand new Server Upgrade Guide takes you through the entire process to make your upgrade as seamless as possible. Download the newest maintenance release and get started!Let users know when to upgrade Tableau Desktop
- The Welcome to Tableau Server page is a great starting point. Invite power users to test the environment and to explore What's new in Tableau Desktop 10.0.
- Workbooks will be automatically upgraded when published or saved and cannot be rolled back. Make sure your users know! For more information see: Desktop and Server Compatibility
Need help with the upgrade? Have additional questions before you start? Looking for detailed recommendations? We have a range of resources, from our Tableau Server & Online Admin Community to our Professional Services offerings.
- Knowledge Base
- Tableau Server Support Resources
- Troubleshoot Known Tableau Server Issues
- The best place to get answers from fellow admins: Tableau Online and Server Administration Community
- Open a support case. For the fastest possible support, please include the following information:
- Complimentary service available at no charge to current customers with Maintenance.
- Our consultants can accelerate your upgrade and help you unlock the value in your data.