Download a free, fully functional Tableau trial.
Make powerful data visualizations using nearly any data source. Fast and easy.
Tableau Desktop System Requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8, 7, Vista, or XP sp3; or Server 2012, 2008, or 2003 (on x86 or x64 chipsets)
- 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows
- Minimum of an Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Opteron processor 250 megabytes minimum free disk space
- 32-bit color depth recommended
Note: Internet Explorer 6 is not supported.
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- OS X 10.8.1 or later (10.8.6 or later recommended)
- 2 GB memory
- 500 MB available disk space
Tableau Server System Requirements:
- Connects to all Tableau supported data sources, including relational databases, cubes, cloud data, Hadoop, and desktop files
- Works with all Tableau Professional workbooks
- Delivered as a complete solution, no other prerequisite software required
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2012, 2008, 2008 R2, 2003 sp1 or higher; or Windows 8* or 7*
- 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows**
- 32-bit color depth recommended
- Very small deployments (i.e. proof-of-concepts or initial evaluations, 1-2 users)
- Dual-core, 2.0 GHz or higher minimum recommended CPU
- 2 gigabytes minimum system memory (4 gigabytes is better)
- 1.5 gigabytes minimum free disk space
- Small deployments (i.e. <25 users)
- Quad-core, 2.0 GHz or higher minimum recommended CPU
- 8 gigabytes minimum system memory
- 5 gigabytes minimum free disk space
- Medium deployments (i.e. <100 users)
- Two Quad-core, 2.0 GHz or higher minimum recommended CPU
- 32 gigabytes minimum system memory
- 50 gigabytes minimum free disk space
- Enterprise deployments
- Contact Tableau for sizing and technical guidance
* Before installing Tableau Server on your Microsoft® Windows® 7 or Windows®8 desktop, Tableau recommends that you consult any applicable license agreements that may restrict or otherwise limit your ability to install server applications on your desktop operating system. Tableau Server is not supported on Windows 7 Home editions.
** Tableau has been tested and is supported on 64-bit Windows versions. Tableau is a 32-bit application and does require 32-bit versions of the database drivers, even when running on 64-bit versions of Windows.
*** Tableau products require your computer to have at least a Pentium 4 (released in 2001) or AMD Opteron (released in 2003) processor. These are the first processors which include the SSE2 instruction set which Tableau requires.
Machine configurations are minimum recommended guidelines. Actual hardware configurations required will vary depending on user load, data volumes, viz complexity, and other factors.
All of Tableau’s products are Unicode-enabled and compatible with data stored in any language. The user interface and supporting documentation are in English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese.
Tableau Desktop is supported in both Windows and MacOS environments. In addition, all of Tableau’s products operate in virtualized environments when they are configured with the proper underlying Windows operating system and minimum hardware requirements. These virtual solutions include Citrix environments, Parallels, Microsoft Virtual PC, and VMware.