Healthcare Analytics at the University of Michigan Health System – a Cinderellesque story
In the era of Population Health Management, healthcare analytics is often characterized by challenges around aggregating and managing data and the lack of resources needed for decision making on time and under budget.
In sharp contrast, the saga of the Fast Analytics Team at the University of Michigan Health System is the classic “Cinderella” story. The team is a five-year experiment in a near-ideal environment, and was recently told by leadership that the slipper fits. They had a compelling vision, executive sponsorship, a talented and motivated team, as well as a modest but adequate budget. While the initial strategy and goals were to improve reporting and analytics, they discovered that the tools and processes they created were perfect for operational process improvement through automation.
In this webinar, hear about:
- Factors that contributed to the success of the Fast Analytics Team
- Obstacles and arrows involved in working “outside” a main IT arena
- Analytics solutions to foster a data driven culture of continuous improvement
- How the same tools can be leveraged to support operational process improvement, reporting, and analytics
- How their Cinderellesque story can be leveraged to deliver measurable results
The Fast Analytics Initiative has eliminated thousands of hours of “spreadsheet wrangling” and busy work, vastly improved reporting / analytic decision making thru delivery of actionable insights, and has measurably enhanced cost savings across the institution.