Information Analytics (IA) and GIS with Tableau welcome you to join us from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM to learn more about Tableau Software and how we are using it to change data presentation at Caterpillar. This fun and informative event will be followed by Tableau Doctor appointments from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM for new Tableau users with specific questions about a project.
Due to auditorium capacity concerns, only the first 200 attendees will be able to participate in-person in the morning session. However, a live broadcast is available for off-site personnel (see details below). Please join us for Data Visualization Day, in whichever way is most convenient for you!
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM - Introduction & Welcome
8:30 AM - 9:30 AM - What is Tableau at Caterpillar?
9:30 AM - 10:00 AM - Break
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM - Cycle of Visual Analysis
11:00 AM - 11:15 AM - How do I Start Using Tableau?
11:15 AM - 11:30 AM - What's Next?
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Q&A
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM - Tableau Doctor Appointments
Tableau Doctor Appointments
For anyone wishing to schedule a Tableau Doctor appointment we will need some extra information. If you wish to schedule a 30 minute appointment, contact Kevin Hayes and provide him with the following information:
1) How long have you been a user of Tableau?
2) What is the nature of the problem you are trying to solve?
3) An example of the problem you are encountering.
These sessions will be scheduled on a first come basis and will fill up quickly, so please schedule accordingly. To maximize your time with our experts, please come prepared with your computer and Tableau workbook ready 5 minutes ahead of your appointment time.
Live Broadcast Information
GIS has been working to expand the capability of our live broadcast system so employees around the world can view these events. All employees are encouraged to test their connection to the live video broadcast using the links provided below.
• Click on a link below to TEST your connection (at any time) to a live broadcast:
o North America
For technical support with these links, please contact Mike Proksch at (309) 494-3373 or (309) 370-4615.
• Employees may attend via live broadcast on November 4, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. CST. On the day of the event, click a link below to connect to the live broadcast:
o North America
• Only one connection per international facility is allowed. You may wish to schedule a conference room for group viewing.
• The day-of-show links will be active 30 minutes before start time.
• Attendees must be on a wired, Caterpillar network connection (not wireless or VPN).
• This link allows you to hear and see the live broadcast on a PC; however, attendees control the sound and volume on their PCs.
• Attendees will receive better quality if they leave broadcast in a window vs. playing full-screen.
• If disconnected, try hitting "play" again.
For those attending via live broadcast, questions may be emailed ahead of time or sent via Sametime during the time of the presentation to Marc Knuth or Kevin J. Hayes.
This event is brought to you by:
GIS, Information Analytics