TFU v6.90 introduces the following bug fixes and improvements for TD1 and TD2 Forensic Duplicators:
- Added twinning (1 source drive to 2 destination drives) support in duplication, verification, formatting, and wiping.
- Added support for formatting Advanced Format disks whose physical sectors are 4096 bytes.
- Added firmware uploading splash image.
- Fixed a bug which incorrectly reported some drive details.
- Fixed a bug which prevented use of some 4GB USB flash drives.
- Fixed a performance bug which occurred when using TD2 with Tableau TMSS Storage units.
- Fixed a bug which prevented some recently-manufactured TD1 units from enabling language localization.
Important Twinning Notes:
- In order to correctly support the twinning capability, the TD2 will delete all of its stored logs when this firmware
update is applied. Please save your TD2 logs to a USB drive before applying this update.
- Verification with twinning requires a separate pass for each of the two destination drives. Please note
the overall time required with verification and twinning is approximately 3 times that required for duplicating without
verification and twinning.
All TD1 and TD2 users are advised to apply this update.